logo

logo

Sunday, August 11, 2019

You Are Not Alone


It's been two months since I have been named Principal of Deep Creek Elementary School.  I could not be more proud to lead this school, but I am not going to lie there have been days where I have been nervous and anxious.  I definitely feel the pressure of the expectations to keep this school great and sometimes it's overwhelming.  In these moments, I often stop and make sure I remember I do not have to do this alone.  This needs to be a reminder for all of you. Our jobs are so rewarding, but often so difficult.  We have to remember we are not alone.  We have many staff members with different talents, we can depend on each other.  I'm placing the spirit stick that was in our bags from Wednesday on my key chain to remind me that we don't just say we are a school family, we believe it as well.  



Today will be a day firsts for so many new staff members and new students.  Keli and I have tried hard double and triple checking schedules, but we know there are going to bumps in the road.  We will analyze and make changes as needed.  We thank you ahead of time for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this first week.  

Looking forward to a great first day and an amazing 2019 - 2020 school year.
-James





No comments:

Post a Comment