logo

logo

Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Great First Week

Dear Deep Creek School Family,                                              
                                              

                                            
                                                  
                                                   James arrives home after the first day of school.

Wow, what a week!  I'm exhausted sitting on my couch and watching the Olympic Games.  My wife already fell asleep on the couch next to me, because she said that she had an "exhausting week" as well.  (She is off tomorrow as she works 4 ten hour days.)  It's cute to me when she explains how busy she is at work.  I am a good husband so I just nod sympathetically.  She, like many other professionals, will never know what it's like to have all those same busy moments, but add 651 students to them. 

She will never know what Monday's Open House is like.  You take over 500 parents, who are usually irritated before they get in the school building, because we only have 100 parking spots, and instantly change their moods with your welcoming attitudes and carefully decorated rooms.

She will never know what the first day of school is like.  Get them here, get them fed, and get them home means nothing to her.  (She gets an hour lunch)  She doesn't understand the 10 minute lunch most of you got on the first day?  She definitely didn't understand why I wasn't hungry when I got home because I ate lunch at 4:00pm.

She definitely will never know what the first day of school is like when you add 100 kindergarteners to the mix.  She has never tried to get 100 kindergarteners to carry their own lunch trays to their tables and then get them to dump them in the trash 20 minutes later.  (I almost lost my mind) 

She has no idea the energy it takes from each and everyone of us to make our school run smoothly, but I do.  I appreciate the effort each and everyone of you made this week to ensure that our students felt welcome and safe.  (Sometimes it even takes catching a snake.  Special shout out to Tracy Gilray!)  It has been a great first week. I'm looking forward to the rest of them.

Thank you for all you do,
James
 







No comments:

Post a Comment